Tuesday 5 May 2015

Giant Granny Square Summer Blanket.....

Hello my friends, I'm so sorry it's been so long again but I think while I'm working so many hours, I'll have to pop in when I can.

I have a few projects to share with you including a new crochet project, I was tidying up my craft room and going through my yarn collection where I found lots of cotton in an array of colours.

I wanted it to become a crochet blanket and thought about doing lots of little square or hexagons then I decided to just to do a large granny square as I wanted it to be a quick project without all the seaming. This will become my summer blanket for Caiden when we go to the park or picnic, it won't hurt if it gets grubby or thrown about, I can just throw it in the washing machine.

My travel/inbetween knitting are the Socks on a Plane by Laura Linneman, these are going slowly as I'm only picking them up occasionally when I'm not knitting on my larger projects.

I picked up this sock yarn, Heart and Sole by Sirdar, from a little yarn shop near my daughter's house, an inexpensive sock yarn which I think will be a hardwearing yarn like Regia. I'm hoping to finish the socks on my needles so I can cast on a new pair using one of these yarns. I was looking for some patterns especially for self- striping yarn and found some great patterns which I'll go through on another post.

I've been furiously knitting on two test knits, the top one is the Pebble Beach by Helen Stewart, Helen is updating her very popular design to include an extra two sizes. Those who have already bought the pattern will get an automatic update in the next few days.

The other test knit I'm working on is a new shawl pattern by Melody Hoffman, another beautiful pattern which is been released very soon. Both are blocking as we speak so my next post I'll tell you more about them.

Spring has sprung, here in the UK and last Sunday we took Caiden for a little walk around Bantock Park, one of my favorite walks, locally. Here's some photos of our Sunday morning walk.

This little man is growing up so quickly........

Apart from working and knitting, I'm totally engrossed in a book called Sleep Tight by Rachel Abbott, it's a real page turner. I had to set an alarm on my break so I wasn't late back!!!!!!!

I'm linking this post to Nicole's KCCO and Ginny's Yarn Along.

Thank you for stopping by and I'll try not to leave it as long next time :-)

xxxxDebxxxx

 

15 comments:

gilly said...

Lovely to see your current WIPs and I'm loving all of them, but especially the granny blanket :-) Caiden is just too adorable, and looking very cool in his shades!
Have a happy week,
xx

Clare said...

You have some great WIP's on the go I'm loving the look of the giant granny blanket
Clare x

Una said...

Thanks for the book title. I've just Googled it and it definitely sounds like a good read.

Your blanket colours are perfect. I like making giant granny squares as I detest sewing squares together.

Josie said...

I'm so glad you didn't stop blogging as I always love my visits here. Yours makes are so gorgeous and always beautifully photographed xx

Jo said...

That blanket is something else - the colours are sublime. Isn't that little fella looking soooo cute. J x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

He is just the CUTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucy Bowen said...

Gorgeous photos of the little man. Love your crate of yarn. I am using heart and soul at the moment as well, it seems to knit nicely and is going a long way!

Stefanie said...

You make WIPs classy and cozy. I love your Grammy Square blanket so far. That's a great way to use up those happy colors. Your crochet hooks are lovely! I like the looks of your new sock yarn. If there's one crazy stash I wouldn't mind it would be for sock yarn. Your grandson is getting so big. I love his little sitting stance.

Irene said...

I love all your projects Deb, your are such a busy lady! :0)

Unknown said...

Oh, so many nice crafts from you. You are welcome to share at my link up party

Lazy Days & Sundays said...

Goodness Caiden is growing up so fast isn't he but what a cutie he is. May have to go and investigate this book.

Christie said...

I'm always so happy to see your blog pop up on my screen. Your knitting is amazing and I envy you your skill and speed! Beautiful work, always. Christie

Becki said...

This is my first time here and wow - you've got lots of beautiful things in the works! I especially love the colorful granny square blanket. And your grandson is cute as a button.

Candace said...

OH Deb, your Grandson is so gorgeous. You must be one proud Nanny. Hope you are keeping well x

Caffeine Girl said...

Work really can interfere with blogging! Not to mention crafts. But you've been pretty darn productive.

Your grandson is so darling. I can tell that you have a lot of fun with him.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...