Wednesday 19 March 2014

Yarn Along.........Miss Winkle.

 

Hi there, I'm back today with a new project!!!!!!! I did promise myself, I wouldn't cast on anything new until I'd finished one of my other WIP's....................but when I saw on Instagram, that Sarah from Crafts from the Cwtch, was starting a new Spring KAL on the 15th March and the pattern was Miss Winkle, I couldn't resist!!!!!!

The original pattern was knit in a variegated yarn, which looked really pretty and I had some A Stash Addict in Mermaids Hair. I'm never sure which patterns look good with a variegated yarn so this has been sitting in my stash for ages and thought it would look good for this shawl.

I've named it my Easter Shawl, as my blog friend, Stephanie, commented that the colours reminded her of Easter M&M's. The pattern is easy to memorise and is great to take with you when you're out and about, I knit what you can see, in the car over the weekend. I love the loopy edge and it only takes 100g of 4ply yarn, you just knit until you've run out of yarn.

I've finished the first sock of my First Time for Everthing and have casted on the second one, I will add the Afterthought Heel, when I've finished both socks. I've also tried a new to me bind off called Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off which gives a really good stretchy cuff.

I've also finished one of my Linden Mitts..........

and have cast on the second one, this pattern knits up really quick and I love the stripes. I think these will go towards my niece's Christmas present.

Last but not least, I've only got to pick up the stitches for the collar on my Aureus, so will be finished by Friday. This week I've started V is for Vengence by Sue Grafton, I use to read these series of books, years ago and read up to about M is for..... I stopped seeing them in book shops but saw this the other day so picked it up.

I'm linking to Ginny's Yarn Along and WIP Wednesday, thanks for stopping by and enjoy the week.

xxxxDebxxxx

 

23 comments:

thesnailgarden said...

Eek, another KAL! I haven't finished the last one I started! I plan to finish off my WIPs before starting anything else - let's see how long that good intention lasts!! :) Love the yarn you are using. Best wishes, Pj x

Anonymous said...

I really like all your projects, all pretty colours and I love the stripes. I can imagine you couldn't resist to start the new project, it looks lovely!

Corrie B said...

LOVE the colours!

A Baby's Smile Knits said...

oh wow, look at all this loveliness you have going on. I have to agree with your friend those colours very much remind me of Easter also.

Love the stripy socks and mittens ... when I find time I want to cast on for some striped socks also.

Amy at love made my home said...

You have been busy again!!! Love the new shawl, that edging looks fiendish to knit, but beautiful when done!! Love the stripeyness of the socks and mittens!! Hope that you have a good week. xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh such GORGEOUS colors!!! And I used to read Sue's books all the time!! Love her books!!!!!

Joy said...

All lovely knits Deb - that shawl is going to be really beautiful in that yarn - love the colours! You do keep busy, don't you, well done! Joy xo

Tracey ~ Clover said...

Such pretty spring time yarn and I love the pattern name!
I use to read Sue Grafton, I think I stopped at T or U, maybe I need to pick them up again since I really did enjoy the books.

harknessangels said...

Lovely yarn! Fantastic projects!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Everything is gorgeous! I love the Easter shawl colours, do pretty. And yay afterthought heels! Another great wool! And those stripes on the mitts...love.

Unknown said...

I always enjoy seeing what you're working on!! That shawl is going to be so pretty!

Donna said...

You always have so many beautiful projects on the needles Deb. I have that scarf/shawl on my list too but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Anonymous said...

All your projects look great, but the yarn for your Miss Winkle looks so beautiful. It seems a really good match for the pattern and what lovely colours!

Jill@NorthStarYarns said...

Your Miss Winkle just screams Spring and your mitts really remind me of Lego - 2 of my favourite things!

Jo said...

I knew those mitts were gonna be great. They look really modern and fresh. Didn't get tickets for the stitch show, my mum is going tomorrow though - i am a bit jealous now! Jo X

Unknown said...

I love your shawl yarn, it's going to look beautiful!

elns said...

Everything you're working on is so lovely. I have some stash yarn that would one day be a good Miss Winkle. I've had no pattern ideas for it before now!

Stefanie said...

My mum's a fan of Sue too! Fiberlicious goin' on here. That Winkle is vintage Willie Wonka.

Unknown said...

Goodness, so many yummy creations here again Deb, keep on knitting, love to see all of your new projects! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Unknown said...

Another beautiful shawl in the making! I smiled at the M&M reference, that is spot on! And those stripes are just yummy...Chrissie x

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I love those stripey mittens! I have some of that yarn and may need to make these!

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

The perfect name for your new shawl Deb and the colours are so pretty!
All lovely projects as always...x
Wishing you a happy weekend!
Susan x
P.S Did you mention Christmas? :-)

CathieJ said...

I have to join a KAL soon. I love the look of your shawl. The variegated yarn is great! Aureus is looking great also.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...