Wednesday 23 January 2013

WIP Wednesday...........Something Pretty Crochet Squares.

Hello there, how are you all, it's extremely cold here in the U.K. and still covered in snow, so we didn't go far over the weekend. I'm not moaning though, I was quite happy to sit in the warm and crochet.
On Friday, my friend, Kerry, had a unexpected snow day so she walked to mine, I made a pot of Rustic Bean and Pasta Soup for lunch and we settled in front of the fire for the afternoon with our crochet.


I worked on my Starburst Flower Throw and Kerry started a gorgeous chunky cowl, we didn't get much done as we do tend to talk a LOT !!!!


On Saturday evening, I started a new project, I've been looking at the Something Pretty pattern for months now and I planned to start it as soon as I got a few projects out of the way. I've been buying Rowan Amy Butler Belle Organic Aran, whenever I see it in the sale,  it is the perfect yarn for this pattern.



The photo doesn't do these granny squares justice, they are so dimensional, I'm not sure yet whether to make some cushions or a throw, so I'll decide when I have a few more squares.

I'm trying to do some stash busting and in the latest edition of The Knitter (issue 54), I saw a little girl's cable knit cardi, that would be perfect for my niece. I had some Rowan Cashsoft DK in my stash so this is on my needles at the moment, it's a sweet pattern and the row of cables, look like little hearts.


Thank you for stopping by, why not take a look over at Tami's blog to see other WIP's.


xxxxDebxxxx

21 comments:

Carole said...

I am loving both of those squares. I really enjoyed the Starburst Flower pattern but haven't tried the other one. I love Amy Butler yarn, it's one of my favourites.

Hi, I'm Vicki said...

wow those starburst flower squares are beautiful - really pretty. have a creative wednesday xx

Chars said...

Very Pretty x 3 :) Look forward to seeing your progress.

Unknown said...

Really love the squares, the colours in both are so pretty and looking forward to seeing the Starburst come together and what you do with the Something pretty. The cardigan is looking good.

Hazels Crochet said...

I love both of your squares, I think your something pretty would be better as a cushion, as the plumpness from the cushion would to the pattern more justice :) it would look very raspberry!

Your cable knit looks gorgeous, you are so talented!

kikie said...

pretty projects you're working on :) the cable cardi looks gorgeous! I agree that your something pretty squares will make good cushion.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks beautiful!! LOVING the colors on your squares!!!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

You HAVE been busy! I never get anything much done at social crafting events either. Love that Something Pretty pattern - thanks for the link! And the start you've made on the cabled cardi is also beautiful!

Monica said...

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend - food, friends and yarn. One cannot ask for more :-) I love all your WIPs!! They are so delicate and different from one another.

bookworm-Mary said...

Those cables are BEAUTIFUL!!! Great job!

Jazz said...

Lovely grannies! And the photos are gorgeous.

Stella said...

Geesh Deb you are busy and productive; I can;t crochet but have been knitting a lot ( in the past) and this cardigan with cables ( yes they look like hearts:)...) is going to be gorgeous. Your niece (and her mum)will love it. It;s so darn cold here too. It's -10C at this very moment....
Stay warm...
XX

Unknown said...

What a sweet cardigan. Can't wait to see it progress.

Michelle said...

I want a snow day! Spending a day crafting in the company of a good friend sounds fantastic.

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

Sounds like you two had a great time crocheting together! I love the look of your squares and I'm sure the texture is even more lovely in person.

Evelyn said...

Your knitting and hooking always make me smile. You are truly such an artist!

Unknown said...

I always enjoy seeing your needle work my talented friend. These look awesome.

Hugs~

Unknown said...

Everything looks great! I really like your cable work.

Stefanie said...

I love how you're so fiber busy!

Unknown said...

I have made something pretty in the past and it works up really nicely. I like the colors you chose so far.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a perfect afternoon to me Deb! And that soup looks delish! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...