Friday 4 January 2013

FO Friday.......Debbie Bliss Baby Cable Sweater.



I'm back today with the finished Baby Cable Sweater, the pattern is in The Ultimate Book of Baby Knits by Debbie Bliss. As I was saying to you on Wednesday, that last week I had the urge to knit this sweet little jumper, which is very unlike me as I love girly knits.
Well, guess what, my sister had her scan yesterday and It's a Boy !!!! so he has his first hand knitted jumper.


I've done the bigger size so it will fit him at the start of next winter, I'm going to buy him a little pair of Chino's to go with it and a little shirt.


I've even sewn one of my personalized tags that I bought month's ago but keep forgetting to sew onto my FO's.

Now, I'm going to start planning a Baby Shower for my sister, I think, I'm going to do an Afternoon Tea theme, I shall give her this at the Baby Shower, she'll be so excited that she can buy boy's clothes for a change.

Check out all the other FO's over on Tami's blog.


Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend.
xxxxDebxxxx

15 comments:

Evelyn said...

What a lucky sister and what a lucky little boy! Your new sweater for him is simply gorgeous. Happy weekend knitting!

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats!! and what a beautiful little jumper this is!!

Michelle said...

Oh, I LOVE this! And, the little tag sewn to the inside is fantastic. Congrats on your soon-to-be nephew!

Jazz said...

Gorgeous jumper!

Unknown said...

What intuition you had! I love it. He will be very stylish.

Stefanie said...

Hooray! What on target instincts you have! Congratulations to everyone. And you made the bun in the oven his first jumper. How coolmis that.

Unknown said...

I really like this sweater. its like a "little man" sweater - SO CUTE

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!!! This is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this jumper it totally amazing.
you are so clever.

Unknown said...

I can just see him now in that cute sweater with his Chinos.. To cute my friend. Congrats to you becoming a Aunt my friend.

Hugs~

bookworm-Mary said...

Totally adorable!! And with the chinos, a perfect little gift!

Juls said...

fabulous!! and I love the personalised tags!! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

So sweet! Love your personalized tag, too, Deb! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

Congrats to your family Deb, that's wonderful news! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

What a super cute sweater. I'm not normally a big fan of cables, but this one is really rather nice.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...