Tuesday 31 July 2012

One-a-Day.........Tuesday's Tallies.



Hi Guys, I'm back with an update on my Wonder Blanket, I've managed to do another 8 rows this week. It is very random, I'm using all different colours and weights of yarn but so far I'm loving how it's turning out.
If you've noticed I always show you the wrong side of my blanket but that's the side I like the best so it's actually going to be the front !!! Check out Gingerbread Girl's blog and find out how everybody else as got on this week.


When I went away with the girls last week, all I took was a bag of yarn instead of papercrafting  as I can never decide what to take and always end up taking too much.
The plan was to knit some thing from The Ultimate Book of Baby Knits by Debbie Bliss that I received for my birthday, it is full of adorable little knits.


Binda, my friend has rekindled my love of knitting after seeing some of her gorgeous baby knits. I gave all my needles away years ago so my girls bought me a set of Knit-Pro Interchangeable Circular Needles for my birthday and with some of my birthday money I bought a set of Cath Kidston needles in a case.



So off I went to Wales with a bag of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino all ready to knit something from the book but when we arrived we went straight into Porthmadog town centre and we came across a lovely little haberdashery shop called Siop Anna
It was an Aladdin's cave of wool, fabric, buttons and ribbon, I spotted some Sirdar Snuggly Smiley a soft, self striping, bamboo/merino mix, it is sooooo soft
I fell in love with all the pretty colours so I bought a cute ballerina cardigan pattern 1221 and three balls of wool. My niece is going to have so many cardigans !!!!!
When we got back to the house I started on the cardi and by the end of the three days I only had the  one sleeve and the border edge to finish.
Here's the finished project.


I also bought a Jenny Watson Baby Boutique Book 2 which is full of crochet patterns and the Jenny Watson Pure Merino Book 2 Accessories , they are both great books.
I picked up a few balls of Jenny Watson Baby Soft DK for a couple of projects in the crochet book, I've never used acrylic wool before but it feels as soft as the Debbie Bliss so thought I'd give it a try at £2.00 a ball.



I'll let you know how I get on with it, if anyone has used it I'd love to know how you found it, also has anyone used the JW Pure Merino ?

Thanks for taking the time to look, have a good week.

xxxxDebxxxx

17 comments:

Tangled Sweetpea said...

Loving the blanket Deb!
Victoria xx

Heidi Kuijer said...

What a pretty blanket...a rainbow of color. What beautiful circular needles!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Barbina said...

Your blanket is going to be so pretty, wonderful colours! I´m in love with your cardi! It is sooo cute and just perfect for a little baby girl!
Have a nice evening! xxBarbina

Candace said...

Just love your baby cardi

Sure your neice will so gorgeous wearing it, must post a picture of her in it x

Terra said...

Your blanket every week become prettier and prettier. I like the look. The cardi is beautyful too, it's so lovely.
Have a nice week! Terra.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my this is gorgeous! You are so very talented!

Katrina said...

Hi Deb, I'm a new follower of your blog all the way from New Zealand. Just love the baby cardi and the other pics on this post :)
Best wishes, Katrina

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That sweater is BEAUTIFUL!! Just love it!!

Martha Herrera said...

This is so beautiful!! I love to see your creations.

Ros Crawford said...

I guess knitting is a lot less messy than crafting and far more comfortable ... I see you all cosy knitting away while I am surrounded by papers and glues and all manner of things! And every thing you make comes out perfect! Gorgeous work Debs xxx

Lynnda said...

Love the colors... I must must knit again!!! Hugs..xoxo

Nicky said...

Beautiful blanket and cardi!!!

Those kinds of impromptu shopping trips are a gem!!! You scored big!!! Can't wait to see what else you finish.

Unknown said...

Your know I love seeing you needle craft projects.. Thanks so much for sharing with us. I think I am going to stick with much smaller projects for awhile.. :)

Hugs~

Unknown said...

Your blanket is looking ravishing Deb! Those colours are so beautiful and that sweet little cardi is the cutest! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Stefanie said...

Such cute baby knits! I love that cardi you whipped out. Awesome job!

Mlissabeth said...

Those are all great projects! I love the colors in the wool cardi.

Claire Crompton said...

I love the colours of your blanket. That baby's cardigan is so lovely, I love to see babies in knitted stuff.

C x

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...