Tuesday 24 April 2012

Retro Sketches #8

Hello there, I'm back today with a thank you card using this week's sketch from Retro Sketches.


Isn't it a great sketch ? I'm a sucker for anything to do with banners, so when I saw it I got straight into my craft room to create, here's my take on the sketch.



I stitched around the Pink Paislee paper and cut out some felt hearts and flower using the Spellbinders Home Sweet Home die set and added some buttons. I adhered some twine and made the banner using the felt hearts. I then stamped an IBS frame and die cut out using the Spellbinders Label 18.

Supplies
Stamp- Inspired by Stamping Small Fancy Labels 18
Papers- Pink Paislee Spring Jubilee
Spellbinders- Label 18, Home Sweet Home
Other- felt, buttons, twine

Thanks for taking the time to look, also thank you so much for all the lovely comments you have been leaving recently, I really appreciate each and everyone.

xxxxDebxxxx

17 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

LOVE this card Deb!!! The soft felt hearts are wonderful! Very pretty card! So glad you played along with us at RetroSketches this week!

Tan's Hobbies said...

This card is very very sweet, Deb!! Love the sweet felt heart with the twine banner. Love the background card too!!!

Lynnda said...

Sweet card Deb... I love the banner!!!! Wonderful!...Hugs..xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeeeee the heart banner!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card with a gorgeous heart banner Deb, lovely colours!! Ira xox

Laura said...

Sooo pretty! I love your work, it's just beautiful :)

Unknown said...

This is so sweet. It makes me smile.. Great take on the sketch my friend.

Hugs~

Sherrie K. said...

Hi Deb,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweert comment:) I appreciate it!
Your card is beautiful-I love the soft pastel colors, the pretty felt hearts for your banner is amazing. So pretty-fabulous job!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Stefanie said...

The heart banner is adorable!

Mona Pendleton said...

Darling card Deb! Love the little heart banner and the Pink Paislee DP :)

Michelle said...

sweet banner, Deb! Love the card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Deb. Love the felt tags.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Beautiful Deb - LOVE the felt, so sweet! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great idea using the felt hearts. Love it.

kasia c. said...

So soft and beautiful!!
Great take on this weeks sketch. :)
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at RetroSketches!

Ros said...

A perfect take on the sketch ... so very beautiful

ans said...

I love love love these cute little hearts.

ps,
Thank you for stopping by my blog and your nice comment.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...