Wednesday 29 September 2010

Day 3 - Making Layers

Day 3 of  Create Free is about making mini collages with lots of layers,each collage will have a word or mini title,there are 7 photo's so each collage will also have a number 1 - 7.








You are shown how to do three of the collages then you  do the last one yourself which I did number 4 on my own. I hadn't got the number cards that was used so I made my own,I thought I'd got the acetate frames and spent an hour looking for them to no avail,so decided to make my own by stamping on acetate using Staz-On ink,I think they turned out really well. Guess what I found the frames after when I was tidying up,I knew I had some!!!!
I am enjoying this workshop so much and creating things I would never have thought of doing myself. I'm trying to get the classes done every day because I never finish mini books normally,so if I keep on top of it I might actually do a complete album. I'm busy the next two days though so will probably have to catch up at Bromsgrove Crop on Saturday.
It is World Card Making Day on Saturday so I will be doing a card class at the crop,I've been asked by a few people for a men's card so that's what I've done!!! I'll be using some of the new papers from the new SU catalogue which is released on Friday.

Here's a sneek peek:


Thanks for taking the time to look.

xxxxDebxxxx

9 comments:

Lisa said...

oh wow! those are gorgeous - I am still struggling with the covers!

I am not sure I will get much done now tonight but I will at least look at the handout and gather some bits and pieces together.

I love what you have done here with your pages and am very inspired by your results! They are really gorgeous. Well done for keeping up!

And the crop on Saturday? :-(( Wish I could be there... :-((

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely, you know how much I love layering, and these are so gorgeous! By the way, I received the package you sent today, thanks! They are so lovely, I can't wait to show the world what I've received!!!

Anonymous said...

the card looks great and with two male bdays coming up i might end up doing two! i'm sorry i have been so crap not starting the mini book, yours is looking gorgeous xx

Stella said...

I love the pages you made; your mini book will turn out gorgeous; I know that for sure! Can't wait to zee your mail cards! The sneek peek looks promising.......

Ros said...

Fabulous Deb ... This is going to be a super book ... enjoy your day at Bromsgrove

Lea said...

The collages are beautiful!!! So much detail! Oh and the sneak of that card looks amazing!!!

Jackie xxx said...

WOW - those mini collages look fab! Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh on Saturday. The sneak of the card looks very exciting ... looking forward to taking part in the class.

Rachael Mitchell said...

Deb, that mini book is beautiful, I need to start and catch up. The sneaky peak looks great too.

x

Juls said...

all of these are just gorgeous!!! Love how you have used the Kraft!! fabulous! Hugs Juls

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...