Wednesday 9 June 2010

The Shabby Tea Room #13

This week in The Shabby Tea Room is 'Just For Dad' just in time for Fathers Day.I don't do many mens cards so this was a challenge for me as I like pretty cards but I've got to make a Fathers Day card so here's mine.  


The striped paper is Basic Grey Cappella which I sewed around the edge in running stitch and as usual I distressed the edges and inked in Vintage Photo Distress Ink.I used Grungeboard Elements and Alphas which I embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.I painted the Grungeboard and then swiped over the raised embossed area with Vintage Photo.The advertisment was from Graphic 45 and then I just added a few buttons and a Tim Holtz memory pin.

TFL
xxxxDebxxxx

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Deb ... this is FABULOUS! I {heart} the vintage feel of your design! Just perfect for the Tea Room challenges -- thanks for sharing :)

Lisa said...

very cool manly layout. i just bought Cappella for myself so good to see how versatile it is. TFS

Audrey Pettit said...

You did a fabulous job on this masculine card, Deb. I really like the striped paper and the grungeboard accents. And those buttons look fabulous, too. Thanks for playing along again in the Tea Room.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...