Wednesday 17 March 2010

The Joys of Spring

It seems ages since my last post,I don't know where the time goes sometimes.I hope all you Mommy's out there had a great Mothers Day and all got extremely spoilt.We went to the Champagne Bar in Selfridges for lunch and once again the food was outstanding.It was nice as Jodie came with us which she doesn't do very often now she's at Uni.I also had a charm bracelet with a pair of angel wings which I love.Paige says the wings look like a wisdom tooth so now I keep looking at it  thinking does it really!
My favourite blog LilyBeans Paperie has put another photo challenge up which I love doing and this one was no exception.I think the gorgeous pink and lush green with the white thrown in is so fresh. It fills you with the joys of spring. Here's the photo from a creative mint .

Here are my cards inspired by the photo





Sixxix Flower Layer #1
I used the new Papermania Rose Garden paper, the colours are a perfect match for the photo.The embossing folders are Sixxix Wedding Set and the flowers I made myself which I am so pleased with.Libby sent me this link that she found on UKS http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?t=286842. It works with any shaped flower die or punch and I've made two different flowers using the same technique.The large flower was made by using Sixxix Flower Layers #1 and the small flower was a cuttlebug die.Thank you so much Libby for sending me the link I know I'll be playing a lot more with different shapes,stamping and glittering.
I went for lunch today with Libby,Rae and Bella ( she's so adorable). We went to the Vineyards where they do a fantastic platter but they have also got a craft shop which we happened to pay a quick visit to.Rae and Lib were very good and didn't buy anything but I couldn't resist some Sixxix Embossing Folders which I'm sure I will be using quite a lot on my cards.
I went to Sunrise crafts on Monday night for the card class where I met up with the usual crowd. There was the usual banter and plenty laughs.Dee has arranged for us to go to Porthmadoc in Whit week to have a weekend of crafting,we went last summer and I have never laughed so much.We were like naughty school girls let out on their own.Here's the cute little card we made at class.


I've also managed to use some of my January Scrapagogo kit this week.I find subscribing to a kit every month is a great way to get some of the latest releases and try them without having to buy everything in the range. 

 
 
I used the Twisted sketch #40 for the Birthday in Gozo LO.I've been meaning to have a go for a while as I love following sketches and I always look at what Claire does with them every week as she's on the design team.
That's all for now folks,back soon!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

oh, your cards are so gorgeous it hurts. the two pink and green ones are just adorable and your flower is also lovely. I have to get some paper out and try this now that I have seen both you and lib have got such great results. I saw that creative mint collage too and thought it was gorgeous and inspiring - great to see what you drew out of it. i really must break into the Scrapagogo kits i have sitting here - three completely and utterly pristine!

lovely stuff - keep it coming...!

Kelly S. said...

Oh I love your cards for Melissa's Challenge...so soft and lovely! Awesome paper choices on those. Your black and white card and scrapbook page are also soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

wow i neeeeeed those sizzix dies, they are heart-wrenchingly gorgeous!!! fab cards and LOs, as usual! xx

Claire Crompton said...

I love your cards they are so beautiful. I really hope you do some classes at the crop cos I want to know how you make all these gorgeous cards.

Love your take on the Twisted sketch. ;)

Welldone Deb.

Cx

Jackie xxx said...

Oh Debs your cards are absoultely fantanstic. Esp. love those flowers, will be giving them ago.

Melissa said...

Complete sweetness....your take on the challenge turned out so beautifully..both times. I love your creativity.
Melis

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...